INTRODUCTION TO SCOOTERS RIDERCOURSE
Total fee: $100
A half-day riding course that familiarizes a person with the operation of a motor scooter. It is not a license waiver program, but rather a learn-to-ride course that prepares a person to operate a scooter.
An off-street riding area is used for practice and 10 riding exercises are performed using small motor scooters. There is no knowledge or skill test, and participants are provided with a take-away booklet about safe scooter riding and how to continue to practice.
This course is for:
- Anyone who has never ridden a scooter.
- Anyone who wants to see if learning to ride is right for them.
- Anyone who wants a taste of motorcycling in a low-risk environment.
- Anyone who wants extra time to prepare for the Scooter Basic RiderCourse.
- Basic introduction to motorcycle operation.
- Slow, relaxed pace for maximum confidence and fun.
- Small class sizes (3:1) for more personal attention.
- Training motorcycles, helmets, and participation certificates.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation certified RiderCoaches.
Each student MUST provide and wear the following required safety gear during the experience:
- D.O.T. approved helmet (loaners available)
- Eye protection (glasses or face shield)
- Full-fingered gloves
- Long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- Over-the-ankle boots (with low heels)
- Long pants (jeans with no holes or tears, sturdy material recommended)